Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Don't Believe a Word the MSM Says

I have a degree in Journalism, so I knew a lot of students who became journalists. I also worked on three newspapers.

I've never met a smart or knowledgeable journalist. Not one. Not surprisingly, being so ignorant and stupid, they were liberals, which meant they were self-righteous and convinced they were right. They were also convinced that anyone who disagreed with them was not only wrong, but a bad person.

These people did not know history or economics or political science. They thought they did, but they didn't. I was amazed at their ignorance. Not just ignorance, but invincible ignorance.

These are the kind of people who are now in the media. It's also why anyone with any sense with believe nothing they read and see in the MSM. I don't, and haven't for years.

One of the first things I was taught in class is that newspapers are written for the average high school graduate. Even then I was surprised. But I shouldn't have been, considering how much of the media concentrates on the lives of actors and actresses, and athletes.

For all practical purposes, a degree college is worth less than an eighth-grade education a century ago, so even if newspapers were written for college graduates today they're still written for semi-morons.

If a newspaper actually explained how the Federal Reserve creates inflation, or anything else that requires any intellectual effect, the eyes of almost all people would glaze over, and they'd go back to reading about the latest fuck-up by Paris Hilton.

One of the problems is that there are college degrees in Journalism. We should go back to the past and have cub reporters. That would help to weed out the worst. Almost all of those in Journalism programs couldn't handle being a cub reporter.

In point of fact, if you want to figure out the truth, just take whatever the MSM tells you, and the truth is the exact opposite.

You'll never find the truth from the MSM. They will always distort everything. They distort so badly they're not even worth reading or watching. Since they're an arm of the government they're not only worthless; they're dangerous.

1 comment:

Kent McManigal said...

I'm glad my newspaper column is full of opinionizing instead of journalism!